Blue Ombré Pancakes
Blue ombre vegan pancakes! RECIPE BELOW! We gradually added @theorganiclab.eu blue spirulina powder to a fluffy mixture to create an ombre effect. The stack is topped with fresh berries and coconut yogurt. These also go really great with a side of maple syrup! What do you think of the blue ombre effect?
Pancake ingredients (makes around 8)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 ¹/² tbsp @theorganiclab.eu blue spirulina
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanila
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Sift the flour into a bowl, add remaining dry ingredients and mix.
2. In a separate bowl mix the non-dairy milk and apple cider vinegar.
3. Combine the wet and dry ingredients, and leave to sit for a few minutes. Add @theorganiclab.eu blue spirulina powder to the mixture. To create the ombre effect we slowly added the blue spirulina to the mix as we cooked each pancake.
4. In a pan, heat coconut oil. We used a spatula to measure the amount for each pancake.